Dear WCM Parents:
Please note my new email address: email@example.com
The advancements of the digital age never cease to amaze. We hear every day about the benefits of being ‘connected.’ Still, at WCM, the connections that will always matter most are the in-person ones: teacher-to-student; student-to-student; parent-to-staff…
Many kind thanks to the parents who came to our campus work day last Saturday. With the help of 11 W&L students, we were able to spread new mulch on our playgrounds, build new shelves for our shed and organize contents, pressure wash toddler porch and building, install a new gate post, organize main office supply closet, to name the highlights. We are so grateful to all our volunteers who helped to transform our campus!
Our campus work day, along with cool fall weather, has helped our campus bug problem. A pest control expert last week identified the bugs to be mostly midges and mosquitos. We weed whacked areas around the playgrounds and sprayed organic natural products which seems to be keeping the bugs away.
This past week we sent home Original Works Artwork, in addition to an order form for WCM T Shirts. Please send order forms back to us by Wednesday, October 15th. We spend a day at school tie dying the T Shirts which the students wear on field trips and for our spring class photo. Please be sure to indicate on the order form if you prefer the girls or ladies style fit T Shirt; otherwise, we will order the standard style T Shirt. We will be tie dying the T Shirts on Tuesday, November 4th.
- October 15th: Make up picture day for those students who missed our picture day this past week – Please be sure to be at school by 9 am.
- October 15th: Due Date for Original Works and T Shirt order
- October 18: Harvest Hike and Pumpkin Carving at the Tubb Family Farm from 11 am to 2 pm.
- October 21: Board Staff Meeting 6 pm
- November 4: Tie Dye Shirts at WCM: Please be sure to dress your children in clothing that you don’t mind getting stained!
Please do not hesitate to call me any time at school or on my cell phone (540) 416-3693 if you have any questions or concerns.
Many thanks for your support,
Interim Director, Woods Creek Montessori