In the words of Maria Montessori,
Our care of the child should be governed, not by the desire to make him learn things, but by the endeavor always to keep burning within him that light which is called intelligence.
Welcome back to Woods Creek Montessori (WCM)! We are delighted to have your children in school and pleased to report a strong enrollment this fall, one of the best in recent history. We look forward to enriching your children’s lives and educational needs this year.
Thank you for your patience as we try to improve the efficiency of our drop off and pick up lines. Lines should start to move more quickly this week as the pick up times begin to stagger. For morning drop off, once the line starts moving, please be sure to pull up your car past the entrance gate so that we can unload as many children as possible. Please let me know if the carpool line does not improve and we will try to come up with a solution to reduce your wait times!
Board Member Charlie Lowney, who heads our Buildings and Grounds committee, will be in touch with his team about specific volunteer opportunities for the WCM buildings and grounds. In the meantime, we have two ongoing volunteer projects that we wanted to advertise to families. Please let me know if you are able to help us with either of these projects.
- turning mulch on pre toddler and toddler playground – one hour once a week
- sweeping steps – 15 minutes once a week
- September 1: No School
- September 13: Applebee’s Breakfast Fundraiser
- September 15: W&L Faculty Meeting – care will be provided at Montessori until 6:30 pm for W&L employees. A RATS van will transport Waddell students to WCM for W&L faculty and staff who sign up with Anne Remington, W&L Work Life Coordinator.
- September 16: Board of Director’s meeting 8 pm
Please do not hesitate to call me any time at school or on my cell phone (540) 416-3693 if you have any questions or concerns.
Many thanks for your support,
Interim Director, Woods Creek Montessori