This holiday season, I am thankful for all of your support and for entrusting our school to care for and teach your children!
If you have volunteered for the school, please be sure to submit your hours to Misty by the end of the day tomorrow (Monday), which is the deadline to submit 6 hours of volunteer service for the semester.
We would like to remind everyone to bring a dozen cookies to school on Friday if your child would like to participate in our holiday cookie swap. In addition, all parents are invited to watch our Holiday Play performed by our Primary Extended Day students on Friday, December 19th at 10 am in Farishte’s classroom.
Toddler Lead Teacher Elizabeth Bouchelle begins a student teaching placement in Special Education at Waddell Elementary in January. As previously arranged, Corbin Morrison will return as Toddler Lead Teacher. The teachers and staff send our sincere thanks to Elizabeth for her outstanding work at WCM and we wish her great success in her future teaching endeavors. We look forward to welcoming Corbin back to our school.
In other Staff news, January will bring new teachers to our After School Care program. Departing are: Carolyn Wingrove Thomas, who will begin a new full-time position at W&L in January; Kathryn Bouchelle, whose school schedule next semester will not permit her to continue at WCM; and Laura Richins, who begins a student teaching placement at Waddell. We have made three new After School Care appointments: Lindsey Cole will work with Ashley and Michael in the Pre-Toddler and Toddler programs; Brittany Lloyd will work with Melody in the Primary program; and Hannah Freeman will work with Samee in the Elementary program on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:30 to 5:00. We will be posting pictures and bios on the WCM website soon with more information about these new teachers.
- We have two parents on our on call adverse weather team and we could use a few more parents who are willing to help shovel snow at WCM on days of big snowfalls.
- We are looking for parents to help us with writing grants – we have identified a number of prospective funders and we are looking for people to help to write and submit the application.
- We are hoping to find parents interested in painting Kitty’s bookshelves over the holiday break.
- December 19: Primary Extended Day Play and Cookie Swap 10 am
- December 22-January 2: No School
Warmest wishes for an enjoyable and relaxing holiday,
Interim Director, Woods Creek Montessori