We had a great first full week of school! We were delighted to welcome back our returning students and the ‘veterans’ provided great assistance to their teachers and to our new students who are assimilating very well in our school community.
Our teachers were very poised during the temporary lockdown for Lexington Schools this week. The tragedy in Roanoke provided another reminder that the safety we have long enjoyed in our own community cannot be taken for granted and must remain our first priority at school.
To help usher in what we hope will be another beautiful autumn in the Valley, we have planned a family lunch and hike at Lake Robertson on Saturday, October 3rd beginning at 11:30 am. Please see attached invitation and sign up for a dish to share using this link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080B4FA9A723A57-fall
Tuesday, September 1st is the deadline for enrollment in our September 7 Extended Care Day. If your child attends school on Mondays and plans to attend school on September 7, please email Jess (email@example.com).
I would like to highlight a few parent volunteer projects:
- Buildings and Grounds – Committee Chair Becky Tubb needs volunteers to assist with various campus projects. Please see the letter attached and respond to Becky (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are willing to help with her committee.
- Feed the Teachers – Last year, we had a parent organize volunteers to bring Monday soup or salad for the Woods Creek teachers, a treat the teachers loved and looked forward to every week. Time commitment for the coordinator is minimal, and mainly involves creating a letter or genius link for parents to sign up to bring the teachers lunch on Mondays.
- Graphic design – We hope to offer new school T Shirts this year and we need help with design ideas.
- Looking further ahead, our Spring fundraising event for 2015-16 will be our popular Dance in the Garden (we alternate with our fabulous Art Auction every other year). We are seeking a Parent Chair to lead the planning of this event.
- September 1: Deadline for enrollment in Extended Care Day
- September 7: Extended Care Day – please email Jess to register your child
- October 3: Family Harvest Hike – Lake Robertson
- October 7: Fall Pictures with Kevin Remington
- October 8: Potty Training Workshop 5:30 pm
- October 14: Fall Picture Rain Date
Woods Creek Montessori