Picture Day at WCM was a success! Staff enjoyed a day of smiles and smart outfits and we believe the pictures of your children embody the happiest moments in our learning community. These fine professional photos are now posted on Kevin Remington’s website at kevinremington.com. Click on ‘Pages’ at top, then ‘Proofs’, and go to Montessori – password is woodscreek. The document below references page numbers for each student to make it easier to locate your child on the website. Pictures can be purchased online. If you would like a CD with all the pictures, please contact Misty in the office to complete a form (CD cost is $75).
We need 3 to 4 primary parents to help set up for our Stone Soup Celebration on Tuesday, November 25th. Students and parents in our primary classrooms will be going to the Marketplace in the W&L Elrod Commons that morning to have lunch. From 8:30 to 10:30, we will need several parents to help transport soup and supplies to get the room ready for the lunch.
- November 25: Every year, WCM hosts a Stone Soup luncheon. The pre toddler and toddler classrooms will be celebrating at WCM. This year, for the primary students and their parents, the celebration will be held in the Marketplace in W&L’s Elrod Commons at 10:30 am. Primary students leaving at 12 that day will go home with their parents after the lunch at W&L.
- November 25: 12:15 closing: If you need care beyond 12:15 this day, please complete form with Misty in the office.
- November 26-28: Thanksgiving Break – no school
- December 22-January 2: No School
- November 22 – As part of Main Street Lexington’s “Love Our Locals” weekend, the Lexington Library will host two free story times on Saturday, November 22nd at 11 am and 1 pm open to all children.
- November 22 and 23 – The Rockbridge Baller will perform Peter Pan at the Lenfest Center on Saturday, November 22 at 2:00 pm and 6:30 and Sunday, November 23 at 2:00 pm and 6:30 pm. Tickets can be purchased online at rockbridgeballet.org
- January 6 – The Harlem Globetrotters will be playing at Cameron Hall at VMI on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 7 pm. WCM parents and staff can take advantage of a discounted general admission price of $16 which must be claimed by December 30th. To take advantage of this discount or for any questions, please contact Derek Gensburg at 602-707-7037 or Gensburg@harlemglobetrotters.com
Please do not hesitate to call me any time at school or on my cell phone (540) 416-3693 if you have any questions or concerns.
Many thanks for your support,
Interim Director, Woods Creek Montessori